Terrain Parks at Shawnee MountainLearn to Ski & Ride Smart Style
BUSHKILL TERRAIN PARK
The Poconos premier 3,000' Bushkill Terrain Park with multi-jumps, tabletops, spine, full scale Rail and Jib Garden. Top to bottom sound system, pavilion and bonfire pit.
Flat down flat rail
New snowboarders and skiers can safely hone their jibbing skills in the Incubator Park before going into the Bushkill Park.
20' flat box
Shawnee Mountain promotes freestyle terrain education, and for general guidelines,
visit terrainparksafety.org. Always remember to obey the rules of terrain park conduct.
Know the Code -- it's your responsibility.
Four main points of Smart Style It:
- Every time you use freestyle terrain, make a plan for each feature you want to use
- Your speed, approach and takeoff will directly affect your maneuver and landing
- Before getting into freestyle terrain take note of all signs and warnings
- Scope around the jumps first, not over them
- Use your first run as a warm up run and to familiarize yourself with the terrain
- Be aware that the features change constantly due to weather, usage, grooming and time of day
- Do not jump blindly and use a spotter when necessary
- Know your limits and ski/ride within your ability level
- Look for small progression parks or features to begin with and work your way up
- Freestyle skills require maintaining control on the ground and in the air
- Do not attempt any features unless you have sufficient ability and experience to do so safely
- Inverted aerials are not allowed
- Respect the terrain and others
- One person on a feature at a time
- Wait your turn and call your start
- Always clear the landing area quickly
- Respect all signs and stay off closed terrain and features
Be sure you 'know the code': Your Responsibility Code provides tips while on the slopes. Smart Style is a terrain park specific program that you should check out before using terrain parks.
Find out about snowboarding lessons at the Shawnee Mountain Ski & Snowboard School.