You are here
Know Before You Go!
Shawnee Mountain values and prioritizes the health and safety of its guests, staff, and our local Pocono community. We’re in this together, all guests and employees must to do their part! Here are several of our important policy changes, requirements, and recommendations for winter 2020-21.
- MASKS/FACE COVERINGS REQUIRED when on Shawnee Mountain premises, including both indoor and outdoor spaces except when skiing, eating or drinking.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING, appropriate physical distancing protocols will be in place for both indoor and outdoor spaces. Please obey all signage.
- BUY ONLINE, save money, and save your spot. Capacity limitations will be in effect. Day or night lift tickets, rentals, and beginners’ packages are now available online. TUBING TICKETS WILL BE AVAILABLE ONLINE ONLY.
- CARRY IN FOOD, BEVERAGES, OR COOLERS NOT ALLOWED in base area or base lodges.
- TAILGATING IS OK! In our parking lots you can use your vehicle as your own personal base lodge for changing your boots, taking a food break, and storing your personal items.
- PLEASE LIMIT SPECTATORS. Sorry NON: skiers, boarders, tubers; seating and space especially indoors may be restricted to those with active ski or tubing tickets only.
- PLEASE NO LOUNGING OR HANGING OUT IN BASE LODGES, again due to mandated capacity limits, appropriate seating time limits may be enforced, also allowing our “CLEAN TEAM” access to wipe and sanitize tables and seats. Additional outdoor seating has been added for your convenience.
This is a partial list and may be changed or updated as needed. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated!
COVID Procedures & Practices for 20/21 Season
What We're Doing to Promote Your Health and Safety
Face Coverings Must Be Worn Indoors, Outdoors & On Lifts.
Physical Distancing Protocols Will Be In Place For Both Indoor And Outdoor Spaces
Cleaning & Disinfecting
Shawnee Mountain's "Clean Team" Is Commited To Increased Cleaning And Disinfecting Of High-Touch Areas
Shawnee Mountain Has Hundreds Of Acres Of Outdoor Open Terrain For Recreation
Shawnee Mountain Will Conduct Employee Wellness Checks And Have Protocols For Those Exhibiting Symptoms
Distancing on Lifts
Ski Lifts Provide Constant Airflow And Can Be Loaded To Allow For Physical Distancing
Safe Working, Safe Recreating
Snowsports are a way for people to play in wide-open spaces, and to take advantage of the mental and physical health benefits of outdoor recreation. For decades, ski area owners and operators have managed skier numbers and safety in daily operations, collaborating with fellow industry experts to offer safe and memorable experiences. The National Ski Areas Association, state and regional ski associations, and Shawnee Mountain commit to providing outdoor recreation in ways that promote health and safety, and reduce the risk of infection.